|Race(s)||Empire vs Chaos|
IMPORTANTTeaming up and queueing with other players increases your winning chance and rewards!
Nordenwatch takes takes place on an island fortress off the coast of Nordland. The battle rages around the Lighthouse, Barracks and Fortress. Nordenwatch is the Chaos and Empire tier 1 Scenario.
This SC features 3 objective flags to be captured, with the middle one generating more points than the sides. Rush with your team to capture your faction's closest objective and pick up a fight at the Fortress to dominate the enemy faction!
Every scenario has a different way to calculate the score for each Realm. In this SC:
- Kill = 4 points
- Capture Fortress = 20 points
- Hold Fortress = 3 points per tick
- Capture Lighthouse = 15 points
- Hold Lighthouse = 2 points per tick
- Capture Barracks = 15 points
- Hold barracks = 2 points per tick
- Start by rushing to the closest point and capture it. If someone is already capturing it, proceed to the Fortress as fast as possible.
- On Order side, use the lower road and hug the hill on your left to reach Fortress faster. It is the shortest route.
- Flank the enemies as much as possible, make sure their nearest flag is always contested or captured by your team. This will either slow the enemy team's momentum or completely disrupt it.
- Try to hold Fortress. Always defend it, keep the majority of your team there while others flank/capture the other 2 flags.
Make sure you hug flags, capturing a flag while the enemies are still around will allow you to win some points from ticks, even if you lose it later on. As a tank, try to rush to the Fortress and disrupt the advancing enemies. Slow them down from the objective's flag.
- Melee DPS:
Make sure to keep pressure on the enemy healers and assist other damage dealers to nuke down enemies. Keep pressure on the flag as much as possible, if there are no healers in sight.
- Ranged DPS:
Keep nuking enemy healers and squishy targets.
If you're finding yourself relaxed, make sure to keep your tank (who should be at the flag) up. Focus the people hugging the flags first and keep the other teammates up second.
Best way to team up
Teaming up in Return of Reckoning is easy. You can ask for a group or advertise one using the Looking For Group channel. Simply type /5 in your chat and advertise your message. You should aim for a 2-2-2, which translates to 2 tanks, 2 damage dealers and 2 healers before queueing. Queueing with a team drastically increases your win rate and thus your rewards.
The fortress normally guards the Empire coastal town of New Emskrank, however most of the fort's garrison has been redeployed to defend the town and the forces of the Raven Host have launched a surprise attack from the sea to capture the fort and turn its guns on the Empire forces. The Order of the Griffon has dispatched a force to hold the fort and prevent it from falling into the hands of the enemy.