Orcs are always itching for a fight, and at the best of times their insatiable bloodlust is barely restrained long enough to form some sort of rudimentary plan of attack. Choppas dont even have that minimal self-restraint. Ornery and savage, their one-track mind is dead seat on getting stuck in and bashin heads! Chopping is what they live for, chopping is what they are best at, and this one-track focus makes them ferocious fighters. As such, a Choppa who lives long enough quickly turns out to be the most elite fighter of the Greenskin horde, wreaking havoc throughout enemy lines purely for the sake of satisfying their own self-indulgent bloodlust.
Choppas are driven purely by their unending and inexplicable thirst for battle, which compels them to throw themselves headlong into battle against any challenges who stand before them... or against anyone vaguely nearby... or against anyone trying to running away...or occasionally against rocks and trees if no one is nearby. Their endless love of battle drives Choppas into a nearly euphoric state, especially when they come across an enemy who presents a real challenge and their battle rage becomes stronger and stronger with each vicious strike. Most Choppas will even heedlessly push themselves off-balance, not caring about how vulnerable they become as long as they get a “Gud fight" out of it.
Playing as a Choppa
The Choppa is an offensive juggernaut that rains increasingly punishing blows down upon their enemies as their battle frenzy consumes them more and more. However, while the Choppa is single-minded, theyre also clever in their brutality, and they have found that they can channel their battle rage into massive, exhausting attacks, briefly sacrificing their enraged power in an attempt to fell the enemy with a single powerful blow. For those who choose the life of a Choppa, the limited control of when to embrace their battle frenzy and when to exhaust it will be a constant back-and-forth as their battles rage on.
Playing against a Choppa
While Choppas may appear to be completely vulnerable at first glance, do not be fooled, for theyre under the protection of Gork (or maybe Mork), and as such can be very resistant to damage. The surest way to fight against a Choppa is to simply hit them hard and fast, and preferably while theyre engaging a different enemy. Always remember that the Choppas battle frenzy, while granting incredible might to the Orcs, also makes them increasingly more vulnerable as well, so striking at a Choppa whos already in the heat of battle allows you to take advantage of their weakness while still keeping your own safety. Of course, thats cold comfort to the poor fool whos being chopped to bloody bits...
Path of Da Savage
This path is focused on completely embracing the Choppas self-indulgent bloodlust, growing increasingly powerful as the fight goes on. Those who specialize in this Mastery will be able to deliver an endless string of brutal blows against their enemy, and are especially effective if the victim is distracted since the price for the Choppas fully-consuming rage is that they are more vulnerable to counter-attacks.
Path of Da Hitta
This Mastery is focused on constantly exhausting the Choppas frenzy into powerful blows, brutally punishing their enemy. A specialist in this path is a surprisingly sturdy warrior, since they almost never let their rage build to the point that they become more vulnerable.
Path of Da Wrecka
The Path of Da Wrecka teaches the Choppa to fight several enemies at once - after all, if choppin one person is grand fun, then choppin lots of people can only be better! A Choppa who masters this path has an instinctive grasp of the flow of battle, allowing their frenzy to fill them with power, but also being sure to release powerful exhausting attacks before they become overexerted.
- Bloodlust has a 50% chance to proc (link)
- Go For Da Soft Spot is now in Path of Da Hitta (link)
- Rage will affect Hurtin' Time (link)
- Close Combat is a new archetype tactic for all melee DPS classes. This tactic provides a 25% damage reduction against ranged and magical damage for 2s after using a direct damage, single target, melee ability on an enemy. This reduction does not stack with localized damage reductions such as Detaunt or Guard. (link)
- Bring it On is now a 5s channel, 30s cooldown which inflicts damage to all targets 25 feet in front of you every second. Damage on each strike after the first is increased by 15% for each enemy that hit you during the previous second, up to 60% maximum. (link)
- Reckless Blow damage increased (link). Reckless Blow is now in the Path of Da Savage and increases your chance to be critically hit by 1% (down from 5) and stacks up to 5 times. (link)
- No More Helpin' cooldown reduced from 30s to 10s. (link)
- Get to da Choppa radius changed from 30ft to 50ft and gives pull immunity to the Choppa for 4s (link). It will also increase movement speed by 30 for the duration (link).
- The cooldown of Weaklin' Killa has been reduced to 15s from 30 (link)
- Removed the negative effect from the Strong Finish tactic. (link)
- Chop Fasta cooldown reduced to 60s and the duration of the buff is reduced to 10s. Cost reduced to 25 AP. (link) Abilities unaffected by this buff are: Rending Blade, Da Waaagh! Is Coming, and Shades of Death. Infernal Wave is affected but will not be reduced to less than 5s if using the tactic Neverending Agony.
- Tantrum, one of the morale 2 abilities, will dissipate after 30s (link)