Xaphan of the Pyre
The lair of Xaphan of the Pyre is at Caledor, near the Wrath's Resolve keep, at 53.5k 27.9k. To open this lair, 6 candles must be lighted up.
Approaching this lair will trigger an Achievements unlock.
Mechanic to open the lair (on Official)
Not implemented yet
Six candles must be interacted with to be lighted up in various locations around the world to open this lair. These candles look like a skull with a candle above, always on an altar.
According to the 'Book of Xaphan' in front of the lair, the candles called 'Altar of Xaphan' are found in:
- The wooded lands of the wretched Elves (Avelorn 24.2k 13.3k);
- The Land of the Reik (Reikland 38.6k 11.5k);
- The Black Crag (Black Crag 39.8k 15k above the cliff);
- The northern reaches of the Empire (Nordland 40.8k 45k);
- The Realm of the Ice Queen (Praag 20.5k 18.6k above the cliff in RvR zone);
- And deep within the Marshes where Madness reigns (Marshes of Madness 14.3k 46.5k west end of scum pond in lake).
Interacting with the book after you've lighted up all the candles, opens up the door to Xaphan of the Pyre. At this point the book disappears and respawns after about 12 hours. The door to Xaphan will remain open for a few minutes and will close up again after that, so you should open the door only once your full group is ready to fight Xaphan.
Note that only one person needs to have found all the candles, since everyone can enter the lair for the fight after the door has been opened. However, one person in your group must have touched all the candles (i.e. you cannot split your group and send one person to each candle). Also note that if Xaphan is not engaged before the doors close he will disappear.
Killing Xaphan drops level 36 blue weapons:
|Warrior Priest||Bright Wizard||Knight of the Blazing Sun||Witch Hunter|
|Archmage||Shadow Warrior||Swordmaster||White Lion|
|Shaman||Squig Herder||Black Orc||Choppa|
|Disciple of Khaine||Sorcerer||Blackguard||Witch Elf|