Armed and armoured to fight in the thick of melee as a warrior and tanker, the Black Orc matches physical hardiness with a down and dirty brawlers fighting style that makes him the heart of any war band. With choppa and shield in hand, he can face down any foe unshaken. However, it is his unique approach to fighting that makes him as deadly with his fists as with either of those tools. Hell knock you down so you cant fight back, and then kick you while youre down. Theres no honor among Greenskins, and theres no such thing as a fair fight – and thats the way he likes it!
Black Orc Specialty
The Black Orcs fighting style might best be described as brawling. He attacks with all the tools available – fists, feet, elbows, shoulders, and assorted other spiky bits, including weapons. His various attacks are designed to jar, disorient, or otherwise disable his enemy. Each of these conditions leaves the enemy vulnerable to yet more punishment. This comes in the form of other attacks which deliver additional effects based on the targets condition. The Black Orcs use of these tools revolves around the philosophy that the best defense is indeed a good offense.
Playing as a Black Orc
Combat for a Black Orc revolves around engaging and defeating enemies one at a time, while weathering the fire of their allies. As a front line fighter, the Black Orc is well equipped to withstand the attacks of his enemies. Though protected by shield and armor, and possessing a hearty constitution, his greatest strength lies in his ability to disable his primary opponent. His use of jarring blows and unexpected attacks allow the Black Orc to exploit the openings they create to reduce the enemys ability to fight back.
Fighting against a Black Orc
When you fight a Black Orc its most important to know your enemy and his abilities. This allows you to counter them and keep him from reaching the potential of his deadly power. He will always have the tools to engage you, so theres little sense in trying to get around him. If youre aware of his abilities – especially the multiple attacks he can chain off of one another – you can maneuver and break his chains, denying him maximum performance. Maneuverability, selective engagement, and an intimate knowledge of your enemys abilities are the keys to defeating the Black Orc.
Black Orcs love a good brawl, and are always the first ones to charge into the hectic chaos of combat. Over enough generations, this has ensured that the only surviving Black Orcs are the toughest of the tough and the meanest of the mean, resulting in a group known for their brutality and sturdiness even among other Greenskins.
Black Orcs are master tacticians, and brilliant combat fighters without intellectual peer among the Greenskins, for they can actually formulate and follow a detailed and complex battle plan. Some warriors of other races have been known to occasionally point out that a Black Orcs plans somehow seem to consist of nothing more than progressing from "Hit im!" to "Oi, es still standing, hit im again!", and then back to "Him im!" again...but theyre careful not to sound mocking or dismissive, for in the hands of a Black Orc, such a plan is crushingly effective.
Path Of Da Brawler
A master of this path believes that the best way to win a fight is through choppin the other guy into little pieces quickly. He scoffs at the thought of using a shield, since that just makes it harder to swing a massive Big Choppa around, and he doesnt need anything getting between him and his choppin!
Path Of Da Toughest
A specialist in this path sees the wisdom in using a massive shield and taking care to defend himself against attacks - after all, while choppin is grand fun, living through the fight so that he can do some more choppin later is an appealing prospect as well.
Path Of Da Boss
If theres one thing that an Orc Boss can do better than anyone, its yelling at those who arent as big as him. A specialist in this path has had long practice at yelling, shouting, and encouraging his group to fight onwards and be strong - although its still a point of military debate whether the Orcs allies are actually inspired to press forward and fight, or whether theyre simply trying to get the Orc to stop his deafening bellows and reeking breath.
- Da Toughest! now affects your entire group
- War Bellows share a cooldown of 10s
- We'z Bigger rebuilt to apply a visual effect on group members. (link)
- Follow 'me Lead will apply to both player and defensive target. (link)
- Savin' Me Hide now scales off of Path of Da Boss (was Da Toughest) (link)
- Da Big Un' now scales off of Path of Da Brawler (was Da Boss) (link)
- Big Slash now scales off of Path of Da Toughest (was Da Brawler) (link)
- You Wot!?!!! ability created in place of Puddle o' Muck at 15point Da Brawler. "You think you heard someone say something about the size of your weapon. You fly into a rage and pick on one target with a vengeance for 20s, dealing 20% more damage to them, but 90% damage to everyone else. Your armor and resistances increase by 50%, and defenses by 25%, but when your rage subsides you will lose 50% of all of your defenses (armor, resistances, parry, block, dodge, and disrupt)." Puddle o' Muck moved to core and puts all other morales on a 5min cooldown when used.(original ability creation) (updated)
- T'ree Hit Combo now requires a great weapon (link)
- Youz see me blok' dat'?! internal cooldown increased to 10s (from 3s)
- Big Brawlin' snare and disorient of Big Swing are reduced to 20% (down from 40% snare and 25% disorient), but there is no cooldown. Debuff is an Ailment. (link)
- Rock 'Ard now places the absorb on groupmates within 80ft (link)
- WAAAAAAAGH! now debuffs enemy Elemental resistances (instead of Corporeal) and now grants a Blessing which increases team mates (who are within 30ft of the player) auto attack damage by 25% for 10s.(link)
- Down Ya Go now grants Chop Fasta Blessing to your group, reducing cooldowns by 5 seconds for 10 seconds so long as they are within 100ft (link)
- Right in Da Jibblies had a knock-up effect on live. This is now active. Does not grant immunities but does respect them. (link)
- No Choppin' Me will not stack two Follow 'me Lead weapon skill buffs on the defensive target